Creating a project with this level of complexity from scratch required in-depth tech knowledge from our team. The French-speaking market dynamics and relationships with end-users definitely added complexity.
As for any startup, it was important to create an architecture that offered maximum flexibility to deal with any possible roadblocks and adapt to external circumstances along the way, keeping a balance between a lean approach and the amount of functionality required to make this product accepted by the market.
The key challenges included:
- The complex platform with multiple sub-products required flawless execution to make all functions under the hood work just as envisioned.
- Designing a flexible architecture that would allow it to adapt to changing requirements, monetization models, partner integrations, and other challenges related to any early-stage startup.
- Multiple promotion strategies including the SEO part had to be built into the foundation of the products. The complex interface of the platform involving the use of modern JS frameworks made SEO an additional challenge here that needed to be solved during the design stage.
There were two driving forces that made this project happen. Our client had a team with extensive experience in the French-speaking market. We, at Visual Craft, offered a proficient team with broad experience and expertise in creating platforms of a similar level of complexity.
To deal with a cultural and language challenge, we hired a team of independent experts with deep knowledge of the target market. This team followed us at every stage of the development process and helped our developers to adapt the platform for the market to the fullest extent.
The services we offered included the following stages:
- Creating platform concepts, developing ideas, testing hypotheses
- Gathering requirements for the project
- Developing the first version of the platform and going into production
- Collecting feedback and developing new features for the B2B part of the project
- Redesigning and making adjustments based on the feedback
- Post-release support, maintenance, and future improvements
The project included several flows and multiple features, so we decided to make several releases:
In version 1.0 we:
- Created an onboarding process and a directory of remote workers
- Implemented search and filtering functionality to make it easy to find the professionals that users want
- Implemented trust-building features: ratings, independent tests, and results, scoring
Once the functionality for remote employees was implemented, we began implementing the flow for B2B users.
In version 2.0 we:
- Created a directory of employers and vacancies
- Created employer-related functionality to manage the hiring processes
- Integrated the payment provider with subscriptions and credits system
Narrow search filters
Our team implemented numerous filters, so the users can formulate the queries as precisely as possible and find what they really need in the shortest amount of time.
Users can customize the search menu by category, tag, form of payment, or country, and the predictive search will suggest the best way to enter a query. The powerful search settings help users easily find the jobs and employees they need. The search results are prioritized from the best to the worst match.
Job creation and publishing
A convenient and user-friendly job creation interface helps users to post detailed descriptions to find suitable candidates.
Our team added a credit system for employers to view profiles of remote employees and get the contact information of the desired candidates.
Admin panel and CMS integration
An admin panel we delivered has a wide range of functionality for the client, including content and user data management, referral system, payments information, and other detailed statistics. There is also functionality for user feedback and automated email marketing.
Skills validation tests
The platform also includes a solution that helps to test the skills of employees and provide them with advice on how to set up a profile properly.
Ecosystem of products
The platform became an ecosystem with multiple products that work in cohesion to create a one-stop shop for anyone looking to fill a position or staff a project. Here are the products included in OrburO at the moment:
- OrburO Connect - a platform for hiring ready-made call centers for businesses
- OrburO Tech - a platform for recruiting dedicated teams
- Orburo Incentive - a recruiting agency
- OrburO Sourcing - a platform for employers for publishing vacancies
- OrburO A mon compte - a platform for remote workers and freelancers